Pearls are the most sensual and flattering of gems. They beautify their owner, reflecting a soft glow that enhances the natural harmony of our features. It is therefore essential to maintain the gentle lustre that has been so painstakingly created by nature. Pearls improve their lustre when worn next to the skin as the oils of the person wearing them keep them moisturized.
Important points to consider in caring for your pearls
- Wear your pearls as much as possible.
- Wipe pearls after use to remove any trace of perspiration or perfume.
- Keep pearls in silk or chamois leather when not in use, away from diamonds or metal.
- Give your pearls an annual check-up – look for thread stretching, discolouration or fraying.
- If you wear your pearls often, have them cleaned by a pearl expert once a year.
Things to avoid
- Keep your pearls away from perfume, hairspray and fake tan.
- Don’t wear pearls for aerobic exercise or swimming in treated water as they are damaged by excessive perspiration and chemicals.
- Do not test the genuineness of a pearl by biting it with your teeth.
- Never store pearls in a hanging position as it can stretch and damage the silk.
- A storage place that is too dry or airless, for example, a sealed plastic bag, will dry the pearl.
Why not try our pearl essence perfume that has been made with zero alcohol with natural oils that actually enhance your pearls. We’ve had fantastic feedback on it that the smell lingers through to the next day. More info – click here.